Broccoli and Mushroom Egg Drop Soup
When you have a stock of bone broth, making a great soup is both fast and easy. I cooked my broccoli and mushroom egg drop soup in under 15 minutes and that includes the preparation time.
- Start heating the bone broth in a pan.
- Disperse the tapioca starch in two tablespoons of water.
- Peel and julienne the carrot.
- Slice the mushrooms.
- Cut the broccoli into small florets.
- When the broth comes to a boil, pour in the starch solution and stir until clear.
- Add the julienned carrot and sliced mushrooms to the broth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lower the heat, cover the pan and simmer for five minutes.
- Add the broccoli florets to the soup, sprinkle with a little more salt and pepper, cover the pan and simmer for another three to four minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
- Beat the egg and pour into the soup in a circular motion. Depending on whether you want wispy or chunky egg strands, leave to set for five to ten seconds then stir lightly.
- Give the soup a final taste and add more salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Serve the broccoli and mushroom egg drop soup immediately.
I used Swiss brown mushrooms for this soup but you can substitute any kind of mushroom. Note though that, depending on your choice of mushroom, cooking time may vary.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.