Boiled Beef and Potato Soup
If using boneless cut of beef, simmer the meat in bone broth for a richly flavored boiled beef and potato soup. In this recipe, the beef was cooked in broth a day ahead.
- Heat the cooking oil. Saute the onion and tomato cubes until softened.
- Pour in the broth and bring to a simmer.
- Add the potatoes and chayote cubes. Simmer until tender.
- Taste the broth. Add salt and pepper, as needed.
- Throw in the beef cubes and cabbage. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Save on Pinterest
Boiled meat and potato soup is one of those soups that you’ll find in almost every culinary culture. The choice of meat varies; so do the seasonings. Cabbage is the most common partner of potatoes in soups like this but chayote and carrot work well too.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!