Lime Butter Garlic Mushrooms
A delightful appetizer, these lime butter garlic mushrooms cook in just about 12 minutes—and that includes the preparation time! Tangy with freshly-squeezed lime juice, creamy with barely melted butter and oozing with the incomparable flavor of garlic, you’ll want to prepare a huge bunch to make sure everyone gets enough.
- 6 cloves garlic
- 350 grams mushrooms (see notes after the recipe)
- 4 tablespoons butter divided
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 ½ tablespoons lime juice I used kaffir lime (see notes after the recipe)
- chopped parsley to garnish
- lime wedges optional
- Peel and mince the garlic.
- Give the mushrooms a quick rinse and drain well. For best results, give them a few spins using a salad spinner. If the mushrooms are large, halve or quarter them.
- Melt half of the butter in a frying pan.
- Add the garlic to the hot butter and cook gently for about a minute.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat for six to seven minutes. Please don’t overcook them. What’s the use of using fresh mushrooms if you’re going to overcook them until they’re as chewy as canned mushrooms anyway?
- Off the heat (the pan should still be hot at this point), add the lime juice and the rest of the butter. Swirl around until the butter melts.
- Scoop out the mushrooms and transfer to a bowl. Drizzle all the pan juices over them.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley on the mushrooms. Garnish with lime wedges, if desired.
- Serve the lime butter garlic mushrooms at once. Or let sit for a few minutes to infuse. Hot or at room temperature, they’re equally delicious!
Save on Pinterest
If four people are going to share the lime butter garlic mushrooms as finger food or side dish, cook 500 grams of mushrooms. If it’s meant as a vegetarian main dish, double the recipe. What kind of mushrooms is good for this dish? The meaty ones are especially good. Personally, I like button mushrooms for this dish. White or brown. Brown will make the dish look darker though. Does it have to be lime juice? Can’t lemon juice be used? Sure, you may use lemon juice.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!