Cinnamon figures twice in this recipe: in the batter and the sugar in which the tops of the cupcakes are rolled. These cinnamon cupcakes are topped with chocolate fudge.
- 1 ½ cake flour
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter at room temperature
- 14 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 large whole eggs
- 15 tablespoons full fat milk
For the cinnamon sugar topping
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
For the chocolate fudge
- ½ cup finely grated dark sweetened chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup cream
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line a 12-hole muffin pan with paper cups.
- Whisk together the flour, ground cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light colored. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Add the flour mixture mixture in three batches alternating with the milk and mixing after each addition.
- Using an ice cream scoop, drop the batter evenly into the prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack.
Make the cinnamon sugar
- Melt the butter.
- Whisk together the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- While the cupcakes are still warm, dip the top of each cupcake in melted butter then roll in the cinnamon sugar. Cool the cupcakes completely.
Make the fudge
- Pour the chocolate into a bowl and add the softened butter.
- Heat the cream to barely simmering.
- Pour into the chocolate, leave for 10 seconds then stir until smooth.
- Garnish each cupcake with a tablespoonful or two of dark chocolate fudge before serving.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.