Tomato and Egg Salad
A simple tomato and egg salad made special with a delightful cream cheese dressing. For added color and texture, serve the salad on a bed of lettuce.
For the cream cheese dressing
- ¼ cup cream cheese softened Tip: if the cream cheese came straight out of the fridge, 30 seconds on HIGH in the microwave softens it perfectly
- ¼ cup full-fat milk
- ½ teaspoon grated garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely sliced scallions
- juice of a quarter of a lemon
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
For the salad
- 4 handfuls lettuce rinsed and dried in a salad spinner
- 4 tomatoes sliced into rings
- 4 hard-boiled eggs sliced into rings
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Mix in the lemon juice.
- Drizzle the milk, stirring as you pour, to incorporate the liquid. Use just enough to make a dressing that is as thick or as thin as you prefer.
- Stir in the garlic, scallions, salt and pepper.
- Cover the bottom of a large plate (or four salad plates) with lettuce.
- Top with sliced tomatoes and sliced hard-boiled eggs.
- Drizzle the cream cheese dressing over everything and serve.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.