Spicy French-fried Sweet Potatoes
Deliciously creamy inside, crispy outside, and salty, sweet and spicy all over. That's what you get in this spicy French-fried sweet potatoes. Serve as a side dish or snack.
- 2 to 3 sweet potatoes
- 2 to 3 cups oil for deep frying
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into fingers.
- Heat the cooking oil to 350F (fine wisps of smoke should be visible on the surface).
- Fry the sweet potatoes (see the step-by-step guide for frying potatoes; it's the same procedure for frying sweet potatoes).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the salt, sugar and cayenne powder.
- Transfer the cooked sweet potatoes to a large bowl. Sprinkle in the salt-sugar-cayenne mixture.
- Place a plate over the bowl and shake until all pieces of sweet potato fries are coated with the seasoning.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.