Smoked Salmon Salad
Make that smoked salmon salad pop with chunks of fruits, chopped roasted nuts and the crispiest greens. Toss with herbed citrus dressing and enjoy!
For the dressing
For the salad mix
- 1 small handful pecans
- 1 small handful sliced almonds
- lettuce enough for 4; any variety
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 to 2 apples we used Fuji
- 1 teaspoon calamansi juice or lime or lemon juice
- 1 large bunch seedless grapes
- 12 to 16 pickled onion store bought, well drained
- smoked salmon torn into small pieces; as much as you like
Save on Pinterest
- Make dressing by whisking all the ingredients together. Set aside to infuse.
- Roughly chop the pecans.
- Toast in an oil-free pan for half a minute.
- Add the sliced almonds and continue toasting for another one to two minutes.
- Leave the nuts to cool.
- Tear the lettuce into manageable pieces. Rinse well. Dry in a salad spinner.
- Cut the tomatoes into wedges.
- Cut the cucumber into half-inch cubes.
- Core the apples and cut into half-inch cubes. Toss with the teaspoonful of calamansi juice to prevent discoloration.
- Rinse the grapes and pluck off the stems.
- Drizzle two tablespoons of salad dressing in a large mixing bowl.
- Throw in all the salad ingredients. Toss.
- Divide the salad among individual bowls and serve with more dressing on the side.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!