Rocket and Mushroom Salad
Button mushrooms pan-fried in butter are tossed with rocket (arugula) and nuts, dressed with honey balsamic vinaigrette, and garnished with shaved cheese in this summery rocket and mushroom salad.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 to 3 button mushrooms sliced
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tiny pinch grated garlic
- 1 handful rocket (arugula) rinsed and spun dry
- 1 small sweet onion thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped roasted nuts any kind of nut
- paper-thin slices cheese any good cheese is fine (see notes after the recipe)
- Heat a pan and add the butter.
- When the butter sizzles, add the mushrooms in a single layer. Cook over high heat until lightly browned, flipping them over midway through the cooking.
- Sprinkle in a bit of salt and pepper and toss.
- Scoop out, transfer to a plate and cool while you make the honey-balsamic dressing.
- To make the dressing, stir together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey and garlic with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- To assemble the salad, in a mixing bowl, toss the rocket, mushrooms and onions with the honey balsamic dressing.
- Transfer the tossed salad to a plate, sprinkle the nuts over it then add shaved cheese.
Tip: I used a vegetable peeler to make thin slices of cheese.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.