Mashed Sweet Potatoes
A classic accompaniment for traditional holiday dishes like roasted turkey and chicken, mashed sweet potatoes is also perfect with grilled lamb chops.
- 800 grams sweet potatoes
- ¼ to ⅓ cup butter
- ¼ to ⅓ cup milk or cream
- salt to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- chopped parsley
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into two-inch cubes.
- Cook in boiling salted water until very soft, about 10 to 15 minutes. Strain.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and dump into a mixing bowl.
- Add the very hot sweet potatoes. Mash the sweet potatoes until smooth (the heat from the sweet potatoes will melt the butter).
- Sprinkle with salt and and pepper, and mix.
- Pour in the milk or cream and stir until smooth. If you want a softer mixture, add more milk or cream. DO NOT OVERMIX to prevent the mashed sweet potatoes from turning lumpy.
- Taste. Add more salt or pepper, or both, as needed.
- Stir in the parsley.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.