Herb and Seed Fried Rice
This herb and seed fried rice bursts with the flavor and aroma of basil and thyme. And, with every mouthful, you get a light crunch from flax, chia and hemp seeds.
- 3 cups day-old cooked rice
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 1 small sprig oregano stripped
- 1 teaspoon flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon sliced scallions
Save on Pinterest
- Crumble the rice to separate the grains.
- Heat the cooking oil in a wok or frying pan.
- Lightly brown the garlic over medium heat.
- Add the basil, thyme and oregano. Cook, stirring, for half a minute.
- Turn up the heat to high.
- Add the rice. Season with salt and pepper. Stir fry until the rice is heated through.
- Off the heat, add the flax, chia and hemp seeds.
- Toss to blend well.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Add the scallions, toss a few more times.
- Serve the herb and seed fried rice with your meat, seafood or vegetable main course.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!