Goat Cheese and Tomato Salad
With colors as bright as a summery day, this goat cheese and tomato salad is texturally rich and bursting with flavors.
- Scrub the potatoes under the tap.
- Place the scrubbed potatoes in a pan, cover with water, and add the salt and vinegar.
- Bring the potatoes to the boil, cover the pan, lowet the heat and simmer until a knife inserted through the thickest part goes all the way to the center with just the slightest resistance.
- Scoop out the potatoes and dump in a bowl of iced water.
- Slice the tomatoes.
- Slice the goat cheese.
- Peel the potatoes and slice (see notes after the recipe).
- Sprinkle the tomatoes with a little sugar.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with a little salt.
- Arrange the tomatoes, potatoes and cheese alternately in a plate to form a circle.
- Sprinkle the basil leaves over them.
- Drizzle with olive oil and serve.
Save on Pinterest
Ideally, you should have equal number of slices for all three ingredients. For two persons, about six slices each of tomatoes, potatoes and cheese. About the seasonings and aromatics… I used herbed goat cheese so I didn’t add any pepper to the salad. If using plain goat cheese, you may want to add some freshly ground black pepper. No lemon juice nor vinegar was used. The tomatoes were acidic enough.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!