Five minutes to prep and five minutes to cook, this side dish of garlic spinach comes with a rich sauce and a garnish of toasted sesame seeds.
- 1 large bag spinach rinsed and drained well
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Save on Pinterest
- Roughly chop the spinach. Include the stalks if they are tender; use only the leaves of the stalks are tough.
- Heat the sesame oil in a wok or frying pan.
- Add the spinach. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Stir fry for a minute.
- Add the garlic. Stir fry for another minute. Turn off the heat.
- Mix together the soy sauce, oyster sauce and sugar. Pour over the spinach. Stir a few times.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds before serving.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!