Garlic Butter Spinach and Mushrooms
Double or triple the recipe to satisfy everyone because this side dish of spinach and mushrooms in garlic butter is so good everyone will be asking for more.
- ¼ cup butter
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and thinly sliced
- 500 grams baby spinach rinsed well and roughly chopped
- 250 grams button mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 lime or lemon, cut into wedges
- Over medium-low heat, melt the butter in a frying pan.
- Add the garlic slices and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden and lightly crisp. Scoop out and set aside.
- Reheat the butter and toss in the spinach. Sprinkle in salt and pepper. Cook over medium-high heat until the spinach is wilted and much of the water it has expelled has evaporated.
- Add the mushroom slices. Sprinkle in more salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the mushrooms are softened.
- Taste the spinach and mushrooms. Add more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Divide the spinach and mushrooms among four small bowls. Spoon the remaining pan juices over the bowls evenly.
- Squeeze the juice from a wedge of lime or lemon directly over each bowl.
- Take the butter-fried garlic slices and scatter over the mushrooms and spinach.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.