Garlic Butter Corn and Asparagus
A fast-cooking side dish that goes well with meat, garlic butter corn and asparagus is deliriously creamy and spicy at the same time.Canned baby corn and very young asparagus were used in this dish; hence, the short cooking time. Fresh baby corn and large asparagus will take longer to cook.
- 200 grams baby asparagus
- 1 can baby corn drained
- 1 large bell pepper any color will do but red sure looks pretty in this dish
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Cut the asparagus into two-inch lengths.
- Cut each baby born into two or three pieces.
- Core, deseed and julienne the bell pepper.
- Set a pan over medium-low heat and melt the butter.
- Add the minced garlic and cook, stirring, for about half a minute.
- Add the asparagus, sprinkle in salt and pepper, and cook, tossing often, for two to three minutes or until almost cooked through.
- Add the julienned bell pepper, sprinkle in a little more salt and pepper, and cook for half a minute.
- Add the baby corn, toss around and cook until heated through and coated with garlicky butter.
- Taste. Add more salt and pepper, if needed, before serving.
Save on Pinterest
Both prep time and cook time will vary depending on two things:
- The size of the asparagus and
- Whether you choose fresh baby corn or canned baby corn.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!