Crispy Green Beans
Lightly battered and deep-fried, crispy green beans is served with a creamy spicy sauce made with Japanese mayo and Sriracha. Great as finger food or side dish.
For the dipping sauce
- 1 tablespoon Japanese mayo
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- ¼ teaspoon lemon juice
- Place the green beans in a bowl, add the egg, salt, pepper and cayenne. Mix well.
- Dump in the starch and mix.
- Heat enough cooking oil in a wok or frying pan to reach a depth of at least two inches.
- Drop the battered green beans one by one in the hot oil. Cook in batches until golden and crisp, about two to three minutes.
- Drain the green beans tempura on a rack or a stack of paper towels.
- Mix the ingredients for the sauce.
- Serve the crispy green beans with the dipping sauce on the side.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.