Corned Beef Salad
Homemade corned beef cut into small cubes, salad vegetables and herbed croutons drizzled with sweet-tart mango dressing. Corned beef salad is delicious!
- ½ cup cooked corned beef homemade (see notes after the recipe) or store bought but definitely not the canned variety, cubed
- 2 to 3 cups salad vegetables cut according to desired size and shape (I used a combination of lettuce, bell peppers, cucumber and tomatoes)
- ½ cup herbed croutons
Make the mango salad dressing
- In a small bowl, mix together all the salad dressing ingredients.
Toss the salad
- In a salad bowl, toss together all the salad ingredients with half of the mango salad dressing
- Drizzle the remaining dressing over the salad and serve.
Save on Pinterest
Having successfully made corned beef at home, I started thinking of endless ways to serve it. Not that it wouldn’t have gotten consumed completely just by slicing and piling between slices of bread. But, you know, I wanted to get more creative than that. It is very usual to add ham or bacon to vegetable salad. Because salad vegetables are bland, richly flavored components are added. Like tangy salad dressing and salty meat. I wondered if, instead of bacon or ham, homemade corned beef would fare well as a salad ingredient. So, I cut the corned beef into small cubes, tossed them with salad vegetables and herbed croutons, drizzled in a dressing that would complement the saltiness of the meat and… it was delicious. And I don’t even like vegetable salad. Imagine that.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!