Chickpeas and Mango Salad
A side salad that tickles the taste buds with the natural sweetness of the mango and the tang of the lemon juice drizzled in before tossing. I garnished the salad with mint leaves freshly picked from the garden to brighten it up.
- 1/3 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 cucumber
- 2 to 3 tomatoes
- 1 ripe mango
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- lemon juice to taste to taste
- fresh mint to garnish
Save on Pinterest
- If using canned chickpeas, drain well.
- Peel the cucumber. Cut into halves lengthwise. Scape off the seeds. Cut the flesh into half-inch cubes.
- Halve the tomatoes. Optionally, squeeze out the seeds. Cut the tomato flash into half-inch cubes.
- Cut and remove the mango stone. Cut the flesh into half-inch cubes.
- Toss all the ingredients. Garnish with your preferred fresh herb. Serve and enjoy.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!