Buttered Pearl Potatoes
Boiled pearl potatoes are drained and, while hot, tossed with butter, olive oil, grated garlic, chopped parsley, thyme and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Cut the potatoes in half.
- Cook the halved potatoes in boiling salted water until just tender to the bite. DO NOT allow them to overcook and turn mushy. They must be able to retain their shape.
- When the potatoes are done, drain them well then tip into a large mixing bowl. Add all the other ingredients and half of the lemon juice.
- Toss well to coat each piece of potato with the herbs and seasonings. Even if the butter is cold, it will melt in the heat of the newly cooked potatoes.
- Leave the potatoes to soak in the oils, herbs and seasonings.
- After about 15 minutes, taste a piece of potato. Add more lemon juice, salt or pepper, or all of them, if needed.
- Serve the potatoes as a finger food, as a snack, as a side dish or as a delicious warm salad.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.