Brown Sugar Glazed Baked Sweet Potatoes
I read that brown sugar glazed baked sweet potatoes is traditional Thanksgiving side dish in the United States. We don't have Thanksgiving but sweet potatoes are available all year 'round. It's one of the least expensive vegetables too. So, this side dish is good any time of the year especially with fried chicken, pork chops or roast beef!
- 500 grams sweet potatoes
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar firmly packed
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
Save on Pinterest
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into one-inch cubes.
- In a large bowl, toss the sweet potato cubes with brown sugar.
- Take a tablespoon of the melted butter and brush on the bottom of a shallow baking pan.
- Spread the brown sugar coated sweet potato cubes on the buttered pan in a single layer.
- Drizzle the remaining melted butter over the sweet potatoes.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper evenly over the sweet potato cubes.
- Bake the sweet potatoes at 350F for 20 to 25 minutes or until a fork inserted at the center or a sweet potato cube goes all the way through without resistance.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!