Bacon Macaroni Salad
Macaroni salad with bacon and cheese. And, for maximum flavor, the pasta is tossed with a little bacon fat before everything else goes in. It’s really good.
- 100 grams belly bacon
- 3 cups cooked macaroni
- ¼ cup cooked carrot chopped (see notes after the recipe)
- ¾ cup cheese cubed (soft cheeses are particularly good for this salad)
- ½ cup crushed pineapple
- ¼ cup finely sliced scallions
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- salt to taste
- white pepper to taste
- sugar to taste
- Cut the bacon into thin strips. Fry in an oil-free pan until browned. Drain.
- Measure a tablespoonful of the bacon fat and pour over the macaroni. Toss well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix.
- Chill the salad before serving.
To save time, peel your carrot and toss into the pot of boiling pasta. Drain, cool and chop.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.