Arugula and Salted Egg Salad
Bitter and peppery, arugula is combined with creamy salted eggs and a bold ginger vinaigrette. The flavors of this arugula and salted egg salad will dance in your mouth.
For the ginger vinaigrette
- 3 to 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes available in the spice section of the grocery
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano or 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar or more if you like a sweeter ginger vinaigrette
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Make the ginger vinaigrette by mixing together all the ingredients (see notes after the recipe).
- Rinse the arugula and dry in the salad spinner.
- Halve the tomatoes and scoop out the seeds. Cut the tomato halves into four to six slices.
- Peel the salted duck eggs, cut into halves then thinly slice.
- Tear the cilantro into smaller pieces.
- Assemble the salad. Toss together the arugula and sliced tomatoes. Divide among three bowls.
- Top the salad with slices of salted duck egg.
- Drizzle a tablespoonful or two of the ginger vinaigrette over the salad.
- Sprinkle in the cilantro.
- Serve at once.
For best results, make the ginger vinaigrette 15 to 20 minutes ahead to allow the flavors to come together.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.