Arugula and Alfalfa Sprouts Salad
Herbed croutons, crispy bacon and shaved cheese go into this arugula and alfalfa sprouts salad drizzled with my special honey mustard ginger dressing.The cooking time excludes frying the bacon and making the croutons.
For the honey, mustard and ginger dressing
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup olive oil
- juice from half a lemon
- ½ teaspoon finely grated ginger
For the salad
- 2 generous handfuls torn lettuce
- 2 generous handfuls baby arugula
- 2 small handfuls alfalfa sprouts
- 2 cups herbed croutons (we make ours but store bought is okay)
- bacon cooked to a crisp (dice or crumble or leave whole), as much as you like
- your favorite cheese shaved, as much as you like
- Stir together all the ingredients for the salad dressing.
- Rinse and the lettuce, arugula and alfalfa sprouts.
- Pass the vegetables through a salad spinner to remove excess moisture.
- Assemble your salad. Make the lettuce, arugula and alfalfa sprouts as the base.
- Scatter the herbed croutons on top and around the vegetables.
- Add the bacon and cheese.
- Drizzle the honey, mustard and ginger dressing over everything and enjoy.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.