Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
What is spaghetti aglio e olio? The simplest, most inexpensive and easiest pasta dish to prepare. The classic spaghetti aglio e olio has only three ingredients: pasta, olive oil and garlic. Salt is added for flavor; parsley is sprinkled for color and texture. There are only two steps in the preparation of the dish: boiling the pasta the tossing it in the olive oil in which the garlic had been browned. Let not the simplicity fool you though as the flavor and aroma are just awesome!P. S. We added bacon to our spaghetti aglio e olio.
Save on Pinterest
- Cook the pasta in lots of boiling salted water. When I say salted water, I don’t mean water with a pinch of salt added to it. I mean, really salted water — like sea water.
- Meanwhile, while the pasta cooks, heat the olive oil in a pan.
- Over medium heat, cook the garlic until lightly browned. Turn off the heat to prevent the garlic from browning too much.
- Add the cooked and drained pasta to the garlic and oil. Toss. Add the parsley and toss again. Taste the pasta. If it needs more salt, add more salt.
- The dish is complete at this point. This is the classic spaghetti aglio e olio and you can serve it right away. It is really, really tasty.
- You may toss some crisp bacon bits with the pasta.
- And if you feel that a pasta dish really needs cheese, top your bacon invigorated spaghetti aglio e olio with shaved cheese. Parmesan or pecorino are recommended.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!