Soy Lemon Lo Mein
The irresistible salty-tangy flavor combo comes alive in this soy lemon lo mein recipe. The dish comes with a lot of meat plenty of vegetables too!
- 150 grams dried egg noodles
- 100 grams pork sliced thinly then cut into strips and seasoned very lightly with salt and pepper
- 150 grams mushrooms whatever variety you prefer
- 1 small carrot julienned
- 8 green beans sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 8 to 10 shallots peeled
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup shredded white cabbage
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
For the sauce
- 3 to 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- juice of one lemon
- 1 generous pinch sugar
- Cook the noodles in boiling water. For best results, undercook them a bit so they can finish cooking in the sauce later. Rinse, drain and set aside.
- Prepare all the ingredients for the meat-vegetable stir fry.
- In a small bowl, stir together all the ingredients for the sauce.
- Heat the oil in a wok. Add the pork and stir fry just until the meat changes color. Add the rest of the ingredients in the following order and with a 30-second interval between each addition: shallots, garlic, green beans and cabbage (these two at the same time), the julienned carrot and, finally, the sliced mushrooms. Season with more pepper if you like.
- Add the noodles. Pour in the sauce.
- Stir fry until the noodles are heated through and has absorbed the sauce.
- Serve at once. You may also serve lemon wedges and more light soy sauce on the side.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.