Soba and Mushrooms
Served at room temperature, three kinds of mushrooms — shiitake, shimeji and enoki — are used in this sweet-sour dish. The noodles and mushrooms are seasoned with soy sauce, rice vinegar and honey. Prep time 5 minutes; cook time 7 minutes.
- 150 grams dried soba noodles
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce (I used Kikkoman)
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 4 shiitake (caps only), sliced
- ½ cup enoki root ends cut off
- ½ cup shimeji root ends cut off
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons finely sliced scallions
- Boil about eight cups of water. Drop the soba noodles into the boiling water and cook over high heat for about 4 to 5 minutes. Drain.
- Plunge into a bowl of iced water. Drain once more.
- Heat the sesame seed oil in a frying pan.
- Add the sliced shiitake mushroom caps. Stir for about ten seconds.
- Add the bunashimeji. Stir for five seconds.
- Add the enoki. Stir and turn off the heat. Sprinkle the mushrooms with salt.
- Place the drained noodles in a bowl. Add the soy sauce, rice vinegar and honey. Toss well.
- Add the mushrooms, sesame seeds and scallions. Toss some more. Serve.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.