Sausage and Milk Pasta
Crumbled sausage meat is browned, veggies are added, milk is poured in, crumbled cheese is stirred in and, after the cheese melts, cooked pasta is added and tossed with everything.
- cooked pasta enough for four people
- 200 grams garlicky sausages casings discarded and meat crumbled into small chunks
- 1 carrot cut into half-inch cubes
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- ½ cup sweet peas thawed if frozen
- 1 ½ cups milk we used skim milk but full-fat should be better
- 1 cup crumbled cheese we used cheddar
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Heat a pan. Make sure it’s hot before throwing in the sausage meat so that browning occurs immediately.
- Spread the sausage meat in the pan. Cook over high heat without stirring for a couple of minutes to brown the underside.
- Add the carrot cubes and continue cooking with occasional stirring until the sausage meat is browned in most places.
- Add the peas and chopped onion. Stir and cook for a minute.
- Pour in a cup of milk. Add the cheese and stir.
- Lower the heat to medium and cook, with occasional stirring, just until the cheese melts. If the sauce appears too thick, stir in the rest of the milk.
- Taste the sauce. Season with salt and pepper, as needed.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce. Toss well.
- Serve the sausage and milk pasta with buttered toast on the side.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.