Chicken Lasagna Roll-ups
Got leftover rotisserie chicken? Before even thinking about shredding the meat and mixing it with mayo to make an easy sandwich filling, know that with a little more imagination, you can make this kickass chicken lasagna roll-ups.
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 to 3 cups milk
- 125 grams cream cheese cut into pieces and softened to room temperature
- 4 cooked lasagna noodles
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Make the white sauce. Melt the butter in a sauce pan. Add the flour, all at once, mixing to remove lumps. Cook over medium heat for three to four minutes.
- Pour the milk in a thin stream, mixing as you pour. Add the cream cheese. Cook the sauce, stirring often, until thickened. Season with salt, pepper and a pinch of nutmeg.
- Lay a lasagna noodle flat. Spread shredded rotisserie chicken on the entire surface. Roll up and tuck the end underneath. Repeat until all the lasagna noodles are filled and rolled.
- Spread some of the sauce on the bottom of a baking dish.
- Arrange the rolled lasagna noodles side by side in the baking dish. Pour the white sauce over them.
- Top each rolled lasagna with mozzarella and cheddar.
- Bake the rolled lasagna at 400F for about 20 minutes or until the sauce is bubbly and the cheeses are melted.
- Serve the chicken lasagna roll-ups with buttered toast.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.