Cajun Shrimp and Mushroom Spaghetti
Creamy and spicy, cooking Cajun shrimp and mushroom spaghetti is made easier and faster by using frozen shelled and deveined shrimps.
- 400 grams shrimps (see notes after the recipe)
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons cayenne powder chili powder may be substituted
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried thyme
- 3 teaspoons sea salt or 1 ½ teaspoons refined salt
- Mix the shrimps with all the ingredients for the Cajun seasoning.
- Melt two tablespoons butter in a heavy pan and cook the shrimps, stirring often, for about two minutes.
- Scoop out the shrimps and set aside.
- Heat the remaining butter in the pan.
- Brown the mushrooms slices with generous pinches of salt and pepper.
- Pour in the cream; sprinkle in salt and pepper.
- Toss in the cooked pasta.
- Set aside half of the shrimps for garnish and stir the rest into the pan.
- Divide the Cajun shrimp and mushroom spaghetti among four bowls.
- Garnish with the reserved shrimps and chopped parsley before serving.
Since we used shrimps that were already shelled and deveined, “400 grams” is the shelled weight. If using whole shrimps with heads and shells that you will discard, allot six to eight large shrimps, or eight to ten large shrimps, per person.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.