Bacon and Cheese Fettuccine
How can anyone not like this pasta dish when it has everything that makes life better? This creamy bacon and cheese fettuccine has copious amounts of butter too!Cooked with pantry staples, bell peppers and parsley gives this pasta dish an almost Christmassy feel.
- 250 grams fettuccine or whatever pasta shape you prefer
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 250 grams belly bacon chopped
- 2 bell peppers seeded, deveined and chopped
- 1 cup cream
- ½ cup grated cheese (sharp cheddar was used here)
- flat-leaf parsley roughly chopped
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- While the pasta cooks, melt the butter in a pan. Add the bacon; cook until lightly crisp.
- Add the bell peppers; cook for another minute, stirring often.
- Pour in the cream and add the cheese. Cook, stirring, just until the cheese melts.
- Turn off the heat. Season with salt and pepper. Toss the cooked pasta with the sauce.
- Sprinkle with torn parsley.
- Serve with toasted bread.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.