Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
The secret of exceptional Asian chicken noodle soup is in the flavor and richness of the broth. That's chicken bone broth made with the right herbs and spices.
- 1 large chicken breast fillet
- 4 cups chicken bone broth (see notes after the recipe)
- cooked noodles for two (see notes after the recipe)
- thinly sliced scallions
- fried shallots
- fried garlic
- Wipe the chicken breast fillet dry with paper towels.
- Pour the chicken bone broth into a pan and bring to a gentle boil.
- Drop the chicken breast fillet into the broth and allow the broth to reach boiling point once more.
- Lower the heat, cover the pan and simmer the chicken for ten minutes.
- Meanwhile, divide the cooked noodles between two bowls.
- Scoop out the chicken breast without turning off the stove, transfer to a plate and, using two forks, break into chunks.
- Taste the broth and adjust the seasonings, if needed (see notes after the recipe).
- Divide the chicken into two portions and drop one portion into each bowl.
- Pour hot broth over the noodles and chicken.
- Garnish with sliced scallions, fried shallots and fried garlic.
Click the link in the ingredients list for complete instructions on making chicken bone broth. What spices and herbs you add when simmering chicken to make bone broth will determine the flavor of the soup. The chicken breast will absorb some of the seasonings in the broth during cooking and you will likely need to add more salt and pepper to the broth before pouring it into the bowls.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.