Guyabano (Soursop) and Coconut Smoothie
In countries where there are four seasons, this would probably be labeled as a summer drink. But here in the tropics where the climate is practically summer all year ’round, it’s a perfect refreshment any time of the year.You’ll need fresh guyabano (soursop) and fresh young coconut meat for this drink. You’ll have to remove the flesh and get rid of the seeds of the guyabano. ALL OF THE SEEDS, even the small ones. Finally, there’s the mint leaves. I really don’t recommend ditching the mint leaves as they are what give the already delicious drink that even fresher flavor.
- meat from one young coconut
- ½ cup fresh guyabano seeds removed
- 3 to 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups coconut water chilled
- ½ cup crushed ice
- 8 mint leaves plus more to garnish
- Dump all the ingredients, except the mint leaves, into the blender. Process until smooth.
- Add the eight mint leaves and pulse two to three times, just long enough to break up the mint leaves but not puree them.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with whole mint leaves.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.