Lemon Tarragon Green Tea
Add depth to your usual cup of green tea by infusing it with fresh herb and fruit. Loose leaf green tea, sprigs of fresh tarragon and lemon slices make up this lovely hot drink. Brewing is a must. Sweetener (sugar or honey) is optional.I’ve gotten the hang of the tea ritual — warming the teapot and cups, letting the tea leaves steep in hot water then throwing out the water, then pouring in hot water again… I’ve come to like it. A comforting ritual. And it is true that there is magic in throwing away the first pot of water as it gets rid of much of the bitterness of the tea leaves.
- 2 tablespoons loose green tea leaves depending on how strong you like your tea and how large your teapot is
- 2 sprigs fresh tarragon
- 2 slices lemon
- sugar or honey optional
Save on Pinterest
- Place the tea leaves in the pot.
- Pour in hot water.
- Let steep for about two minutes.
- Throw out the water.
- Add the tarragon sprigs and lemon slices to the pot.
- Fill with hot water.
- Wait for two to four minutes before pouring the tea into cups.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!