Dulce de Leche Macchiato
What exactly is cafe dulce de leche macchiato? Macchiato is espresso with milk foam; dulce de leche macchiato is coffee with dulce de leche and milk foam. But dulce de leche is milk; isn’t that redundant? No, it's absolutely divine!Store-bought or homemade dulce de leche will both work. Instructions for making milk foam is included in the recipe.
- 1 cup full-fat milk
- ¾ cup strong brewed coffee
- 4 tablespoons dulce de leche
Save on Pinterest
- Heat the milk until simmering and pour into a small mixing bowl.
- Using a milk frother or a wire whisk, whip the hot milk until frothy.
- Place the dulce de leche in a microwave-safe cup and heat on HIGH for about 30 seconds or just until thin and slightly pourable. Reserve a little of the dulce de leche for the topping.
- Add the hot coffee to the rest and stir to combine. Divide between two cups or glasses.
- Pour the milk into the glasses, dividing it equally. Spoon the foam on top, again dividing it equally.
- Drizzle the reserved dulce de leche on the milk foam.
- Serve at once.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!