Chocolate and Cheese Trifle
Cream cheese whipped with cream, Nutella and biscuits dipped in Kahlua make up the layers in this chocolate and cheese trifle served in cockatil glasses.
- 250 grams cream cheese at room temperature
- 250 milliliters whipping cream
- 8 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ¼ cup full cream milk
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua
- 24 biscuits (see notes after the recipe)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- In a small bowl, lightly beat the cream cheese until fluffy.
- In a chilled mixing bowl, whip the cream with six tablespoons of powdered sugar until double in volume, about four to five minutes.
- Fold in the cream cheese, spoonful by spoonful.
- In a shallow bowl, stir together the remaining powdered sugar, milk and Kahlua.
- Dip two biscuits in the milk-Kahlua mixture and position at the bottom of a glass.
- Top with about two heaping tablespoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture followed by about two tablespoonfuls of Nutella (see notes after the recipe).
- Repeat to make another layer.
- Do the same to fill five more glasses.
- Place the glasses in a covered container and keep in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder before serving.
Plain tea biscuits are best for this trifle. I used Marie. You may modify the order of the layers by adding the Nutella before the cream cheese mixture.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.