Cheesy Baked Salmon with Crispy Crumb Topping
Seared salmon fillets are smothered with spicy cream cheese and topped with butter-fried panko, and baked until the crumbs are browned and the cheese is melted. Cheesy baked salmon with crispy crumb topping served with colorful vegetables is a delicious special occasion main dish.
- 600 grams salmon fillet (see notes after the recipe)
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 175 grams cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- ½ teaspoon dried garlic flakes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup panko
- Wipe the salmon fillet with paper towels and rub the lemon pepper seasoning directly on the flesh. Marinate in the fridge in a covered container for at least three hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Take the salmon out of the fridge to allow to come to room temperature.
- Mix the cream cheese, onion flakes and garlic flakes.
- Melt two tablespoons butter in a frying pan, add the panko and cook until the crumbs have absorbed all the butter.
- Wipe the frying pan and melt the remaining butter.
- Lay the salmon fillet in the hot butter, skin side up and sear for a minute. Flip and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Arrange in the salmon fillet, skin side down, in a baking tray lined with foil or non-stick paper.
- Spread the cream cheese on the entire top of the salmon.
- Pat the panko into the cream cheese.
- Bake the salmon in the oven for 10 minutes or until the crumbs are browned.
- Serve the cheesy baked salmon with crispy crumb topping with your vegetables of choice.
You may cook this dish without cutting the salmon into smaller pieces. You will, however, need a large frying pan to sear it in.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.