Banoffee in Wineglasses
Think of it as deconstructed banoffee with a tropical twist. No crust as this dessert isn't a pie. You serve it in wineglasses to expose the beautiful layers of banana slices, dulce de leche and cream. So easy to make especially if you've made your dulce de leche ahead of time.
- Place the dulce de leche, butter and salt in a microwaveable bowl, and heat in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds (it depends on the wattage of your microwave) or until the dulce de leche is soft enough to be stirred.
- Stir the contents of the bowl until smooth.
- Place a tablespoonful of toasted coconut at the bottom of each of four glasses.
- Follow with a tablespoon of dulce de leche.
- Add the sliced bananas then another tablespoonful of toasted coconut.
- Pour in two to three tablespoonfuls of dulce de leche.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with shaved dark chocolate.
If you don’t have dulce de leche, toffee is easy enough to make. Place the half a cup of firmly-packed brown sugar, two tablespoons honey and two tablespoons butter in a sauce pan. Set over medium-high heat and cook until the sugar melts completely. Stir to make a smooth mixture. Off the heat, carefully pour in half a cup of cream. Stir to combine. Heat just until bubbles form along the edges. Adapted from a recipe by Greedy Gourmet
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.