Tequila Sunrise is a layered drink. The denser Grenadine sinks to the bottom of the glass to mimic the red hues of sunrise while the paler juices emulate the lightening morning sky. I'm guessing that Tequila Sunrise gets its name from the very town where tequila is primarily produced. The town of Tequila in Mexico is in an area with red volcanic soil and a sunrise there would probably have the colors of this cocktail drink that the world has come to adore.
- 1 lime
- 4 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons Gold Tequila
- 1 teaspoon Grenadine
- Drop three ice cubes into a glass.
- Squeeze the lime directly into the glass.
- Pour in the orange juice and Gold Tequila.
- Place a spoon, upside down, over the glass and pour the Grenadine over the back of the spoon so that the dense liquid sinks to the bottom of the glass.
- Garnish with lime or orange slices, if you like.
- Serve at once.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.