Inspired by the classic mojito, fresh strawberries and lemon take the place of lime while the Brazilian spirit cachaça replaces rum in this recipe for strawberry mojito.
- 6 to 8 fresh whole strawberries
- 1 ½ lemons
- 1 handful mint leaves
- sugar to taste (see notes after the recipe)
- 1/4 cup cachaça you can use rum too
- club soda
- Reserve two strawberries and a few mint leaves.
- Dice the remaining strawberries. Cut one lemon into eighths.
- Place the diced strawberries and cut lemon into a shaker. Add about two teaspoonfuls of sugar and the remaining mint leaves. Muddle everything together.
- Pour in the cachaça and shake.
- Drop a few ice cubes into two glasses.
- Cut the remaining lemon half into thin slices and drop into the glasses with the ice.
- Divide the shaken drink between the glasses (pour without straining).
- Top the drinks with enough club soda to almost fill the glasses.
- Garnish the strawberry mojito with the reserved strawberries and mint leaves.
- Serve the strawberry mojito at once.
The amount of sugar you need depends on how sweet or tart the strawberries are.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.