Minty Double Lemon Cocktail
Okay, I invented the title. I dreamed up this cocktail drink, asked my husband, Speedy, to execute it. It turned out to be one of the best drinks I’ve ever had in my life and I didn’t have a name for it. Minty double lemon cocktail was all I could think of because I didn’t want to resort to giving drinks names with sexual connotations. There are enough blow jobs and orgasms in the cocktail drink world and I don’t think I should add more.What does the name mean? Well, obviously, “minty” means mint leaves. Double lemon because fresh lemons and limoncello were the basic ingredients for this drink.
- ½ lemon diced
- 3 teaspoons sugar or to taste
- 2 oz. limoncello or more
- soda water
- mint leaves torn
Save on Pinterest
- Put the diced lemon in a glass and add the sugar. Muddle them together. Yes, you need a muddler that will fit in the glass. Do this process thoroughly but gently. Don’t think that by pressing hard a few times, you’ll get all the juices from the lemon. Press hard and you’re more likely to break the glass.
- So, press gently but repeatedly. Feel the lemons getting squished.
- Add ice.
- Add the torn mint leaves.
- Pour in the limoncello.
- Pour in enough soda water to fill the glass.
- Stir well.
- Serve at once.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!