The classic margarita gets a facelift in this cocktail drink with the addition of very ripe and very sweet mangoes. Think of it as Mexico-meets-Southeast Asia in the best possible way.The obvious question is whether Philippine mangoes are essential to this drink. No, of course not. From whatever country your mangoes came, as long as they are ripe and sweet, they can go into mango Margarita.
- 3 oz. tequila
- 1 ½ oz. Triple Sec
- 3 oz. freshly squeezed lime or lemon juice
- 4 oz. simple syrup equal amounts of water and sugar heated together just until the sugar dissolves
- 1 whole ripe mango well chilled, stoned and dices
- 3 to 4 ice cubes
- Just put everything in the blender and process until smooth.
- Pour into salted glasses and serve.
- For the salt around the rim of the glass, take a small wedge of lime or lemon and run around the rim of the glass to wet it.
- Place finely chopped mint leaves and salt in a saucer, and dip the glass rim in the mixture.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.