Kaffir Lime Juice Mimosa
The traditional definition of a mimosa cocktail is a drink made with equal parts orange juice and champagne. But that doesn’t mean there is no elbow room to wiggle in from that strict definition. Some recipes add triple sec; others include a wee amount of orange liqueur for depth. Even the orange juice can be substituted with some other citrus juice.What cannot be excluded is sparkling wine. Champagne is traditional but remember that champagne is just a regional designation for sparkling wine produced in Champagne, France. You can make mimosa with other sparkling wine like prosecco and asti (from Italy), espumante (from Portugal) or cava (from Spain).If you like veering away from the traditional, try making kaffir lime juice mimosa and be amazed at how three ingredients can be transformed into an unforgettable cocktail drink.
- 3 kaffir limes
- sugar to taste
- sparkling wine well chilled
Save on Pinterest
- Squeeze the juice from the kaffir limes. Strain, if necessary.
- Stir in enough sugar to create a good balance with the tartness.
- Divide the sweetened kaffir lime juice among three glasses.
- Pour chilled sparkling wine to fill up the glasses.
- Serve the kaffir lime juice mimosa at once.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!