Chelada is a mixture of beer and lime served in a salt-rimmed chilled glass, margarita-style. If spices or seasonings are added to the basic mix, it’s a michelada. Since our drink was sprinkled with cayenne powder, I think it falls under the michelada category.For best results, chill the glasses for at least 30 minutes before preparing the drink.
- 1 tablespoon salt plus more to sprinkle into the glasses
- 1 can / bottle good-quality beer
- 1 lime or lemon halved
- 2 pinches cayenne powder
- 2 lime or lemon slices to garnish
- Spread the salt in a saucer.
- Wet the rims of the chilled glasses with a little water then dip in salt.
- Squeeze the juice of half a lime or lemon into each glass. Sprinkle in a little salt. Add lots of ice.
- Drop a lime or lemon slice into each glass.
- Divide the beer between the two glasses.
- Sprinkle with cayenne powder and enjoy!
Save on Pinterest
Based on a recipe from Matador Network.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!