Brain Hemorrhage Cocktail
Brain hemorrhage is a shot that relies on specific gravity to form the distinct layers. The “brain” is the effect of the curdling of the cream component in Bailey’s Irish Cream when it hits the pool of peach schnapps. It is essential that good quality peach schnapps is used, the kind with very high alcohol content, because the curdling won’t happen if the alcohol content is low.
- 1 ½ tablespoons Peach schnapps
- 1 ½ tablespoons Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 1 ½ tablespoons Grenadine
Save on Pinterest
- Pour peach schnapps into a shot glass until about half-full.
- Slowly pour Bailey's Irish Cream in a thin stream over the peach schnapps.
- Wait a few seconds for the cream to curdle. Once the cream has curdled and the "brain" has formed, it is time to add some "blood" to make the "brain" hemorrhage.
- Slowly pour grenadine over the curdled cream. Ideally, this should be done is a slow circular motion so that the “brain” will appear to be bleeding from every direction. As the grenadine falls to the bottom of the glass (specific gravity), some of the curdled cream will get pulled along making the drink look even more disgusting and fun.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!