Arguably the most popular tequila-based cocktail drink, the margarita is a mixture of tequila, Triple Sec and citrus juice. It can be served on the rocks, blended or straight. This is the blended version which means the cocktail mix was thrown into the blender with ice and processed to make a thick iced drink.There are many formulas for mixing a Margarita but the most common ratio is 50% tequila, 25% Triple Sec and 25% juice. Feel free to experiment to come up with the ratio that tastes best to you. How much syrup? That depends on how sweet you want your drink. I always start with equal amounts of lime juice and sugar.
- table salt
- lime wedges for the Margarita glasses
- ½ cup tequila
- ¼ cup Triple Sec
- ¼ cup lime juice freshly squeezed
- ¼ cup simple syrup (see notes after the recipe)
- lime slices to garnish (optional)
Prepare the margarita glass
- Spread about two tablespoons table salt in a shallow bowl or plate with a diameter larger than the diameter of the rim of the Margarita glasses.
- Take a lime wedge, run around the rim of the Margarita glasses then press the wet glass rim into the salt in the bowl or plate.
Shake the Margarita
- Measure the tequila, Triple Sec and juice in a shaker. Shake.
- Add the syrup. Shake again. Taste. Make the necessary adjustments by increasing the amount of one or more of the ingredients.
Blend the Margarita
- Pour the mixed liquid into the blender, add ice and blend.
- Pour into the prepared glasses, garnish with lime slices and enjoy your blended Margarita.
Simple syrup is equal amounts of water and sugar boiled together just until the sugar is fully dissolved. Cool before using in a cocktail drink. If you want to experiment with variations of the Margarita, try substituting unsweetened pineapple or mango juice. See the mango Margarita recipe.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.