Lemon Butter Shrimps
These lemon butter shrimps are so tasty you’ll want to suck out the last drop of juice from them. The sauce is so good you’ll want to mix it in with your rice.
- 10 medium to large shrimps or prawns
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- ¼ cup cream
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
Save on Pinterest
- Cut off the shrimps’ antennae. Using a very sharp knife, slit the back (yes, cut through the shell!) and pull out the black vein.
- Place the deveined shrimps in a bowl.
- Mix together the salt, garlic and pepper. Add to the shrimps and toss well.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan large enough to accommodate the shrimps in a single layer.
- Add the shrimps together with the marinade.
- Over high heat, cook the shrimps about one minute per side.
- Pour in the lime or lemon juice. Toss the contents of the pan gently.
- Pour in the cream and milk. Cook the shrimps for two minutes longer, one minute per side.
- Turn off the heat. Sprinkle in the parsley and stir. Taste the sauce and add more salt, pepper or lime or lemon juice, if needed. If the sauce is too thick, whisk in a tablespoonful of butter to loosen.
- Arrange the shrimps in a plate. Pour the sauce (with all the chopped garlic) over and around them.
- Serve at once.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!