Honey Sriracha Chicken Nuggets
Battered chicken fillets are deep fried and served with a sauce made with Sriracha, honey and mayonnaise. Serve these honey Sriracha chicken nuggets as a snack or with rice as main dish.
- ⅓ cup Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 chicken breast fillets
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground Sichuan peppercorns
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup tapioca starch or corn or potato starch
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- cooking oil for deep-frying
- toasted sesame seeds
- sliced scallions
- First, make the sauce by mixing together the Sriracha, mayonnaise, honey and salt, to taste.
- Cut the chicken breast fillets into bite-size pieces. Season with salt, Sichuan pepper, ginger and garlic powder.
- In a large bowl, stir the starch, flour and a generous pinch of salt with enough ICY water to make a thickish but still pourable batter.
- Heat enough cooking oil to reach a depth of three inches.
- Dip each piece of chicken in batter and fry until golden brown and crisp. Do this in batches if your frying pan is on the small side. It is important not to overcrowd the pan for the chicken to form crisp crusts.
- Arrange the cooked chicken pieces on a plate. Drizzle the sauce over them. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and scallions.
- Serve the honey Sriracha chicken nuggets at once.
Save on Pinterest
Serving suggestion for a main dish:
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!