Omelette Muffins with Ham and Cheese
Omelettes baked in a muffin pan, that's what they are. No flour like real muffins. But we call them omelette muffins to simplify. These come with ham and cheese. Great for breakfast or brunch, perfect for picnics and lunchboxes too!
- melted butter for brushing
- 1 large onion
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil for sautéing
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup chopped ham (see notes after the recipe)
- ¼ cup shredded cheese (see notes after the recipe)
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely sliced scallions
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Lightly brush 10 cupcake tins with melted butter.
- Chop the onion and bell peppers.
- Saute in vegetable oil until they start to turn soft, about 3 minutes.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl.
- Stir in the chopped ham, cheese, some salt (go easy on the salt because the ham and cheese are already salty), pepper and the sautéed onion and bell peppers, and finely sliced callions.
- Spoon the mixture into the buttered muffin pan or pans, about 4/5 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until firm and lightly browned.
- Cool the omelette muffins for a minute or two to firm up then run a thin knife around them to release them from the muffin holes.
- Serve the omelette muffins with ham and cheese while still warm.
Save on Pinterest
The ham can be replaced by chopped sausage or even sardines. Use the cheese you prefer. This recipe is adaptable enough to accommodate almost any kind of cheese. Note though that, in both cases, you may need to adjust the amount of salt to compensate.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!