Hash Browns and Egg Bake
Grocery-bought hash browns were combined with tomato, onion and eggs to make this delicious breakfast dish. Filling, tasty and so easy to make.
- Preheat the oven (a turbo broiler works well too) to 400F.
- Heat the cooking oil in a frying pan. Fry the hash browns on both sides just until lightly crisp.
- Cut the hash browns into 6 to 8 squares. Set aside.
- Halve the tomato. Scoop out the seeds and discard. Dice the flesh.
- Peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Smear the bottom of an oven-proof plate with olive oil.
- Scatter the hash browns, diced tomatoes and sliced onion around the plate leaving the center free.
- Crack two eggs directly onto the center of the plate.
- Sprinkle everything with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 400F for five to seven minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your specifications.
- Sprinkle grated cheese and chopped parsley over the eggs, hash browns and veggies. Serve at once.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.