Ham, Green Onion and Pepper Omelette
Sometimes called Western omelette, this ham, green onion and pepper omelette gets added texture and flavor with the addition of grated cheese. Serve with toast spread with butter or pesto, or both.
- 4 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 bell pepper cored and chopped
- 2 slices good quality ham chopped
- 12 stalks green onion thinly sliced
- grated cheese as much or as little as you like
- chopped parsley to garnish
Save on Pinterest
- Beat the eggs with the salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a thick-bottomed frying pan.
- When the butter is hot, pour in the beaten eggs and swirl the pan to allow the eggs to spread evenly.
- When the eggs are partially set, spread the chopped ham and bell peppers on one side. Leave until the eggs are fully set.
- Spread the green onion and cheese on top of the ham and bell pepper.
- Fold the empty half of the omelette over to cover the fillings.
- Slide the omelette on a plate and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve with toast.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!