Ham and Cheese Toasties
Make bechamel sauce, stir in a little mustard, plenty of chopped ham, mozzarella and cheddar. Spread on toasted split buns and broil until the cheesy topping is melted and lightly browned. These ham and cheese toasties make a delicious and filling breakfast.
- 3 hamburger buns
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup full cream milk
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- ⅓ cup chopped ham
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup shredded cheddar
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
Save on Pinterest
- Split the buns and toast.
- In a small pan, melt the butter.
- Add the flour to the butter, stirring to remove lumps. Cook for about three minutes.
- Pour in the milk in a slow steady stream, stirring as you pour. Cook, stirring, until the mixture is thick.
- Stir in the mustard and ham.
- Off the heat, stir in the mozzarella and cheddar. Mix until melted. Taste. Add just enough salt and pepper to flavor the mixture.
- Spread about two heaping tablespoons of the ham and cheese mixture on each toasted half bun.
- Grill in the broiler (or in the oven with only the top heat on) at 400F for about five minutes or until the cheese and ham topping is melted and lightly browned.
- Serve immediately.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!